Sunday, June 25, 2006

Hurry up and wait

Cary brought home a big box truck. We were going to load it up this morning and he was going to drive it to Sedona on Monday. Once he got there, he was going to hire a couple of guys, unload it, drive it back and do it all one more time. But it is so bloody hot and the AC in the truck is not working. So Cary loaded about 8 boxes in it this morning and then decided he would be much happier hiring a moving company to do it all.

So once again the plans have changed slightly and I have to wait for the moving companies I've contacted to call me back so that I can then figure out which one is going to be best and hopefully set a firm date.

Every move seems to get bigger and more of a pain in the butt. We have tended to add a child between each move, and that probably contributes to me having less time to think and get organized as well as just having more stuff.

'This too, shall pass'. We will get through this. This time next month, we should be nicely settled in our new place with all utilities and services operating nicely. One thing at a time. I just can't stand the current chaos. Every room is half pulled apart and boxes are piled up all over the place. I'm trying not to feel like a dog chasing it's tail at the moment.

No comments: