Friday, November 07, 2008

Beach Bike & a lesson

I forgot to mention, when we went to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, it started out a beautiful, warm sunny day. Half way through we were sitting down to watch a bird show and got poured on. It turned quite chilly too. Luckily I keep a change of clothes in the car for the kids so they were able to get dry and warm up a bit. The next day it rained most of the day and it felt like winter. I even made vegetable soup for dinner. But the day after...absolutely glorious beach weather so that's what we did. With our handy dandy beach bike trailer all set to go, we had a great time. Everything that we need (including the yellow dump truck!) we are able to get in the box or strapped on the trailer. I still get several admiring comments every time we go out.


After my recent episode of 'losing it' that I posted about, I spent some time trying to figure out why that happened. I certainly would not have acted like that if I had friends here. Is the fact that I felt alone part of the frustration? I realised that I may not have a physical friend here, but that God is always here. So I made a couple of little signs that say "God is here", and put one in the office area and one in the kitchen. They remind me that I am not alone, and that I do have a friend here so I can relax and perhaps even think twice about my own behaviour and the example I want to set. It's working well for me.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I appreciate that insight. It's something that helps me, too when I feel lonely.