Tuesday, November 11, 2008

evolution

We've been spending a lot of time at home lately. Firstly with the chickenpox, and now with a car that's playing up. We still have our bikes, right? Well not since Sunday when Summer's bike broke. The frame just snapped. Next - strong legs and an excellent bus system.

It's like we're meant to spend more time here though. So we're making the most of it. I don't think it's just the things we are doing here, it's the mindset shift it's creating as I think about how we can be more efficient and self-sufficient.

I've been thinking a lot about food - diet - nutrition lately. So many 'experts' claim to have found the best diet, suitable for everyone. I recently tried eating only raw foods again, eating low fat and simply. I started out feeling great, but didn't stay that way. So at the moment I'm eating fresh foods throughout the day and often have something cooked vegan at dinner time with a large salad. I'm reading a lot about human evolution specifically regarding diet. I'll have more to say on this in another post, but right now, it's time to put my mommy hat back on and tend to my tribe.

No comments: