Friday, March 19, 2010

no poo update

Of course, after writing about not writing much, I thought of something that some of you may find interesting...no poo. As in no shampoo. I am pretty sure I blogged about this almost two years ago when I started doing this. Washing my hair with a little baking soda, and rinsing with diluted apple cider vinegar. Got to say, it worked well most of the time. Although when we were in Vegas last year, and swimming a lot in the chlorine pools, my hair did start to feel like straw. Coming back to oz, it got softer. The summer here is hard on it with swimming in the ocean and the sun. I found that I had to use the acv rinse more often and back off on the baking soda. But lately, it felt really dry and it knotted easily. I thought briefly about dreadlocks, how much easier it would have been, but one of my most favourite things in the world is having someone brush / play with my hair. It's one of the reasons I love having it long. I realised that my kids were not wanting to braid and play with my hair because it was so knotty. So I tried Summer's hemp-based shampoo and conditioner. My hair feels so soft. And it's been getting a lot of attention. So I'll be sticking with that for a while. If ever I decide to cut my hair, I'll probably go no-poo again.

No comments: