Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A visit to a friend...


This majestic view is what my friend and her family gets to look at every day.  The photo does not do it justice at all.  It was so easy to feel peaceful and grounded and grateful there.  A part of something truly magnificent, connected to Mother Earth and just a small, but important part of Every Living Thing.

This was a special playdate, a rare time with just Nicholas and I out together visiting new friends.  While us Mums drank tea, Nicholas and his friend climbed trees and dug in the dirt and played with the chickens who were freely wandering around the 7 acre property.  I was so pleased that we went and had a chance to deepen our connection to these gentle friends.

On the way home, we stopped at a roadside produce stand and stocked up on bananas, avocados, tomatoes, and one of the best pineapples I've ever eaten.  There are quite a few of these kind of roadside stands with honesty boxes in the area.  I really liked this one that was converted from an old jeep:


And the view through the window...


...which reminded me of life and death and the passing of time and how nature just keeps on going...

2 comments:

Eli said...

My first thought was to post and so do we. In other words nature just keeps on going and so do we, but then I really got bogged down in my thoughts. We do keep on going, for death is an illusion and energy does not die, but how are we connected to that plant. When we leave this body, do we leave natures energy too? But one things for sure I wont' be connected to that old truck seat. I enjoyed the post and the pictures.

Annette said...

I agree that death is an illusion. I think the photo shows the truck as representing physical death in that it cannot regenerate, it will just sit and rust. The plants in the background remind me of how well nature just keeps going, sure it dies, but it usually comes back, perhaps with a slightly different form. It's purity, in that it really doesn't need help from physical man, reminds me of the nature of our Spirits. We get so caught up in the physical side of this existence, that we often forget that there is a greater purpose that we are here.