Monday, March 17, 2014

This morning...this moment...

...the heady smell of frangipani's hanging on to Summer...more on the ground than on the trees.  I breathed in deeply, savouring the scent...

...the soothing Reiki music coming through my earbuds, soothing my soul as I push my physical body to walk fast...breathing deeply through my nose, filling my belly with my breath, feeling it release...

...the smiles and cheery "good morning" greetings from other walkers on the track along the lake.  We've seen each other many times and there is familiarity and warmth in that brief greeting...

....the birds, waking up, chatting, singing, ready for a new day...such beautiful sounds that I can hear over the gentle music...

...so many thoughts...remembering lying in bed this morning, seeing the full moon still high in the sky, glistening across the water and through my open glass door, watching it's slow decent, shining light on the little man sleeping next to me...my youngest child...it won't be long before he will no longer want to sleep next to me when his Daddy is away...
...practical things...running through the "to do" list for today...
...pondering the nutritional book I've been reading, new information that I hadn't considered, could it be relevant, could it help this body regain some vitality? ...
...watching people head to their cars, heading out to work, no one is smiling...
...the man driving the street sweeper has thick grey hair and a bushy, long grey beard...I wonder if it's hot during the summer?...I wonder if he gets asked to play Santa Claus...he sees me and smiles...he has kind eyes, he could easily be Santa...

...quietening my mind...tuning in to the music...my breath...this moment...this fragile, beautiful, fleeting moment...

No comments: